top of page


1. The 10th Dorado Derby Fishing Tournament 2024 will take place on June 14 and 15, 2024, in San Carlos, Sonora.

2. The registration fee for the Dorado Derby Fishing Tournament 2024 will be $3,500.00 per participant.

•It is essential that the participant's boat complies with the regulations required by the Port Authority and CONAPESCA.

•It is essential that the participant has a valid fishing license for the day of the tournament, Saturday, June 15, 2024.

3. The only species participating in this tournament is the MALE DORADO FISH with a weight equal to or greater than 5 kg.

4. In the event that no male dorado fish with a weight equal to or greater than 5 kg are presented, the unawarded cash prizes will be accumulated for the next tournament; the jet ski and the engine will be raffled among all the tournament participants, and the Jackpot will be refunded to the participants. The dynamics of the raffle, if it occurs, will be defined at the moment.

5. Participants under 18 years of age must have written consent from their parent or legal guardian.

6. Each boat may have as many participants as necessary, as the event is per participant plus the crew on board (captain and sailor). Note: The number of participants on the boat must not exceed the maximum allowed and authorized.

7. It is the responsibility of the participants and their crew to know and comply with the tournament rules; by being registered, they accept and adhere to the tournament rules.

8. Registrations will be held on Friday, June 14, 2024, from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the Terra Room of the Marinaterra Hotel & Spa, in San Carlos, Sonora.

9. On Saturday, June 15, 2024, starting at 6:45 a.m., all registered boats must gather outside the San Carlos Marina, meters before the official boat, which will indicate the start. The fishing distance from the starting point will be a maximum of 20 miles.

10. The shot marking the start of the tournament will be at 7:00 a.m.; all participating boats must be meters behind (imaginary line) the official boat. Any boat found outside this line will be disqualified.

11. The scale for weighing will open at 3:00 p.m. and close at 5:00 p.m. All participating boats must return to the San Carlos Marina weigh station before 5:00 p.m.


12.There are no restrictions on the lures or lines that can be used.


13. Each participant may present up to 2 male dorado fish with a weight equal to or greater than 5 kg to the scale judge. The scale judge will verify that the fish presented are males and caught on the day of the tournament.


14.In the event of a mechanical failure of the boat, the tournament coordinator reserves the right to authorize, at their discretion, the change of boat or participants of the team or crew in case of an accident.


15. The official tournament channel will be announced on registration day.


16.In the event of a tie in weight, the first to be weighed will be the winner.


17.Any threats, abuse, or vulgar language towards the organizers and participants of the tournament will be sufficient cause for the disqualification of the participant.


18.The tournament director reserves the right to change the start and end times of the tournament due to weather conditions.


19.In case of radio failure, participants may call radio control by cell phone. The phone number will be provided at the rules reading meeting. (622 169 7736)

20. JACKPOT: Registration $3,000.00 per participant. The accumulated amount will be awarded 85% to the registered winner who has paid for the Jackpot. This winner will be determined by the participant who catches the heaviest male dorado fish. The remaining 15% will be donated to a charity. The competition is for the heaviest male dorado fish.

Sincerely, Dorado Derby 2024 Organizing Committee.

bottom of page